Our aromatherapy candles contain only essential oils, we don’t use synthetic fragrances because of the abundance of benefits in essential oils, here are some of the oils we use and their benefits to you mind, body and soul.
- Cabreuva aroma is deep and mellow, with a pleasing woodsy, smoky scent, like most tree oils, the oil is very grounding. This essential oil is helpful during stressful times and can aid mental clarity and alertness.
- Chamomile with a scent similar to apple blossoms, this powerful scent not only soothes the mind, but it can help soothe irritability if you are having trouble sleeping chamomile is the perfect oil with its sedative properties, it will help you unwind after a long day.
- Cinnamon essential oil has a beautifully rich, warming scent, the spice and is warming, stimulating and energizing.
- Clary Sage has a pure earthy scent that evokes a fresh green, woody image the essential oil can elicit feelings of relaxation and help reduce blood pressure. Clary sage can is a great antidepressant and as among the best natural treatments for anxiety.
- Clove oil is produced by distilling the dried flower buds that are collected from the clove tree. Other parts of the tree, such as the stem and leaves.
- Geranium essential oil is a calming and balancing oil, It is very light green in colour, almost colourless with a strong, beautiful floral aroma. The perfect oil to promote relaxation and alleviate depressive mood.
- Frankincense – See Olibanum
- Labdanum Resin, sourced from the rockrose bush has a rich amber, leather-like aroma, known for its stress-relieving properties.
- Mimosa comes from the fuzzy yellow blossoms of Acacia dealbata plant, native to Australia, it has a soft, sweet-powdery, honey-like, deep floral aroma with hints of violet and raspberry. A natural anti-depressant this oil has been shown to produce a calming and uplifting effect on anxiety and stabilising harmonious mood.
- Orange essential oil has the dual benefit of being a cheerful and uplifting yet simultaneously relaxing, calming oil, the perfect mood booster for the bedroom.
- Neroli essential oil has a sweet, floral, citrus aroma and may help reduce stress, anxiety, and anxiety-induced depression. When inhaled, neroli oil may help the brain release serotonin, and reduce levels of cortisol, a stress hormone.
- Nutmeg is a light, warm and spicy-sweet fragrance.
- Orange Flower Absolute, fresh, sweet yet tangy scent. It refreshes and mattifies the skin while calming and uplifting the mood.
- Olibanum also known as Indian Frankincense is an aromatic, evocative, and warming essential oil known to help reduce feelings of anxiety.
- Patchouli oil has a recognisable musky, sweet, spicy aroma and has a grounding and balancing effect on emotions.
- Petitgrain, derived from the same plant as neroli and orange blossom absolute is a citrus, fresh, floral, woodsy, and herbal scent, known as a sensual essential oil it can help ease nervous tension, well known for its anti-depressant properties, this versatile oil can help boost your mood and sensual energy.
- Pink Pepper also known as pink peppercorn is a berry of the pink pepper plant, it is a sharp, peppery spicy scent with rosy overtones.
- Rose is a delicate, highly sought-after essential oil, it has a warm, deeply floral, slightly spicy, rich, honey-like scent. Perfect for the mind, body, and spirit, this beautiful essential oil stimulates the heart chakra and helps creates a profound sense of wellbeing.
- Thyme is a dark oil with a spicy scent, reminiscent of the plant, this essential oil is a great oil to help stress and reduce restlessness.
- Tonka bean is a deep, rich, and warm scent, it is gently uplifting as well as healing, lifting the spirit and creating balance.
- Ylang-ylang is a heady, sweet, slightly exotic fragrance. Supports mental health by releasing negative emotions and fostering positive emotions.