We take a look at 10 essential oils and their benefits for anxiety and your mental health.
- Clary Sage essential oil has a pure earthy scent that evokes a fresh green, woody image. The essential oil can elicit feelings of relaxation and help reduce blood pressure. Clary sage essential oil can is a great antidepressant and is among the best natural treatments for anxiety.
- Patchouli essential oil has a recognisable musky, sweet, spicy aroma and has a grounding and balancing effect on emotions.
- Ylang-ylang essential oil is a heady, sweet, slightly exotic fragrance. Research has shown Ylang-ylang is beneficial in alleviating anxiety and lowering blood pressure in some people.
- Frankincense essential oil is an aromatic essential oil, evocative, and warming, known to help reduce feelings of anxiety. Rose essential oil is a delicate, highly sought-after essential oil. It has a warm, deep floral, slightly spicy, rich, honey-like scent. Perfect for the mind, body and soul, this beautiful essential oil stimulates the heart chakra and helps creates a profound sense of well-being.
- Geranium essential oil is a calming and balancing oil. Geranium oil is very light green in colour, almost colourless with a strong, beautiful floral aroma. The perfect oil to promote relaxation and alleviate a depressive mood.
- Grapefruit essential oil has a tangy yet sweet scent and has calming effects and may help balance your mood and relieve anxiety. Tangerine essential oil has a fruity scent, soothing qualities. It’s calming for your emotions and is great for soothing overtired children.
- Thyme essential oil is a dark oil with a spicy scent, reminiscent of the plant, this essential oil is a great oil to help with stress and reduce restlessness.
- Chamomile essential oil has a scent similar to apple blossoms. This powerful scent not only soothes the mind, but it can help soothe irritability if you are having trouble sleeping chamomile is the perfect oil with its sedative properties, it will help you unwind after a long day.
Take a look at our other blogs for more hints and tips on candles.