There are numerous benefits of essential oils, including boosting your mood, improved sleep, reduced anxiety, headaches, and even nausea. We discuss here some of the benefits of the essential oils we use in our aromatherapy candles along with a link to the study which details why and how essential oils can be beneficial.
- Bergamot Essential Oil – Several clinical studies on aromatherapy with Bergamot essential oil. In combination with other essential oils, have shown promising results: anxiety and stress reduction, anti‐depression, pain relief, and blood pressure and heart rate reduction. –www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5434918/
- Chamomile Essential Oil – Inhalation of the vaporized essential oils derived from chamomile flowers is shown to relieve anxiety and general depression. – www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2995283/
- Clary Sage Essential Oil – A 2010 study investigated the antidepressant and stress-fighting effects of essential oils. The study found that out of all the oils tested, clary sage oil had the most potent anti-stress effect. – https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320423#health-benefits
- Geranium essential oil – A calming and balancing oil, It is very light green in colour, almost colourless. Geranium has a strong, beautiful floral aroma. The perfect oil to promote relaxation and alleviate depressive mood. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2221169115001033
- Lavender Essential Oil – Many studies demonstrate lavender’s positive effect on sleep in a variety of people. Ischemic heart disease patients sleeping in a hospital’s intensive care unit experienced improved quality of sleep after lavender aromatherapy and Women between ages 45 and 55 experienced improved sleep quality after lavender aromatherapy. www.sleepfoundation.org/best-essential-oils-for-sleep
- Neroli essential oil has a sweet, floral, citrus aroma and may help reduce stress, anxiety, and anxiety-induced depression. When inhaled, neroli oil may help the brain release serotonin, and reduce levels of cortisol, a stress hormone.
- Orange Essential Oil – Used in aromatherapy, Orange Oil’s pleasant scent has a cheerful and uplifting yet simultaneously relaxing, calming effect reducing your level of anxiety. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4700683
- Patchouli Essential Oil – used in aromatherapy this oil is said to relieve depression, stress, calm nerves, control appetite and to improve sexual interest, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6272783
- Rose is a delicate, highly sought-after essential oil, it has a warm, deep floral, slightly spicy, rich, honey-like scent. Perfect for the mind, body and spirit, this beautiful essential oil stimulates the heart chakra and helps creates a profound sense of wellbeing
- Rosewood Essential Oil has a subtle, sweet, woody scent with delicate floral undertones. The perfect oil if you’re feeling stressed, or a little down, helps to lift your mind, your body and your soul.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil – Studies on ylang ylang oil in aromatherapy have shown relief of depression and stress in humans. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16807875/